The World Risk and Insurance Economics Congress (WRIEC) is the most important gathering of academics and professionals interested in risk and insurance research, education, scholarship, practice, and policy. It is a joint conference of the European Group of Risk and Insurance Economists (EGRIE), the American Risk and Insurance Association (ARIA), the Asia-Pacific Risk and Insurance Association (APRIA) and The Geneva Association. Thus, the world’s three leading academic associations in risk and insurance and the leading international insurance think tank come together to form this forum dedicated to foster the understanding of risk and insurance.
- 2005 First World Congress, Salt Lake City, hosted by ARIA (Secretariat: The Institutes)
- 2010 Second World Congress, Singapore, hosted by APRIA (Secretariat: Singapore College of Insurance)
- 2015 Third World Congress, Munich, hosted by EGRIE (Secretariat: Munich Risk and Insurance Center @ LMU Munich)
- 2020 Fourth World Congress, Online event, hosted by ARIA (Secretariat: The Institutes)
- Overview of previous World Congresses: Click here
- Picture Gallery 2015 World Congress in Munich: Click here (coming soon)